24 February 2021
Get involved in Mouthguard March
With school sport resuming, now is the perfect time to remind parents and players of the importance of wearing mouthguards in sport. Join eviDent's Mouthguard March campaign and help protect Australian smiles!
Every year, thousands of people are treated for injuries that could have been prevented by wearing a properly fitted mouthguard, many needing visits to hospital emergency departments and extensive dental treatment. In Victoria, sports are the most common cause of injury to teenagers and young adults requiring a hospital visit, accounting for 20.9 per cent of all accidents. Injuries to the mouth and jaw are some of the most common sporting injuries, including broken jaw, cuts to the mouth, chipped, broken and knocked out teeth.
The eviDent Foundation is seeking to turn this around with their Mouthguard March campaign. This campaign aims to remind parents and players of the importance of wearing a custom-fitted mouthguard during sport.
How can your practice help?
- Join eviDent's campaign and be a Mouthguard March practice
- Pledge to donate $10 per mouthguard fitted by your practice in March, to the eviDent Foundation*.
How will your practice benefit?
- The eviDent Foundation will promote your practice on the eviDent website and via social media, as well as to sporting clubs affiliated with the campaign
- You will receive posters and flyers for display in your practice, featuring eviDent's sporting ambassadors
- Increased custom fitted mouthguards means more business for your practice.
*Donations of $2 or more are tax deductible.
News photo - Mouthguard March Ambassador, Melbourne Football Club's, Eden Zanker, is on board to increase awareness of properly fitted mouthguards.