Thu 26 October 2023 1:15 PM - 5:30 PM
Reprocessing instruments and equipment OCTOBER
What’s happening in Steri? Reprocessing reusable devices properly and maintaining the associated equipment is critical to maintaining safe services and preventing costly loss and damage to equipment and instruments.
Are you looking to expand your current knowledge or for insight into how reprocessing can be performed more efficiently and more safely?
Be guided through the principles using a range of media modes and equipment demonstrations.
We maintain currency in contemporary recommendations and technology systems to better assist you in the implementation of reprocessing processes.
Experience a truly practical session with many take-home tips to reduce risk, increase efficiency and reduce costs associated with consumables use, loss and damage.
You will learn about:
- Working safely and efficiently within your own confines – Steri layout and flow
- Establishing simple efficient systems for recording critical performance data – loads, tests, and monitoring tasks
- Cleaning – the role of detergents, ultrasonic cleaners and washer disinfectors
- The importance of rinsing
- Packaging for sterility and storage
- Sterilisation including validation – clarify your role and the technician’s role
- Tracking and the most efficient implementation in your practice
- Specialised equipment – key IFU points relating to handpieces, implant kits, surgical handpieces , scanner tip
- Documenting key compliance details in an efficient, sustainable manner.
Before this session, join us for our aseptic technique program, followed by lunch. Book now.
Includes: Handouts, Certificates, Lunch if also registered for the morning program.
CPD hours: 4 clinical hours
RSVP by 19 October 2023
Please note: Published start and finish times could be subject to slight variation. Photographs may be taken at this event and may be used on the ADAVB website, social media or publications to promote ADAVB events and ADAVB membership. Please advise us if you do not wish to be photographed.
Amanda Brown has extensive experience in public and private practice, and is a highly regarded consultant in infection prevention and control.
Amanda’s qualifications are:
• Certificate in Infection Control and Sterilisation
• Certificate in Dental Nursing
• Certificate III in Sterilising Practice
• Member of ACIPC
• Member of SRACA
• Member of OSAP.