Thu 26 November 2020
Infection prevention and control (Part 2): Clinical
Build your confidence with your infection prevention and control processes.
Learn straightforward strategies to reduce risk, ensure best practice and improve efficiency.
- How to identify risk
- Pathways for infection
- How to evaluate appropriate methods to minimise and eliminate cross contamination
- How to apply effective and efficient work practices in the dental surgery.
CPD hours: 5 clinical hours
RSVP by 24 November.
Please note: After registering for this event, you will receive confirmation of registration. Once registration has closed, you will receive a seperate email with the zoom webinar log on details.
Standard and transmission based precautions
• Hand hygiene, including changes to surgical hand preparation
• PPE and the differences between precautions (contact, droplet and airborne; wearing P2/N95)
• Sharps management
• Environmental management (SARS CoV 2 [COVID 19])
• Barriers and wipes (demonstration of environmental markers and techniques)
• Aseptic techniques (simple extractions to surgical procedures)
1:30pm: Second half
Reprocessing instruments and equipment
• Manual and mechanical cleaning (simulated soil and protein testing demonstration)
• Packaging, tracking and sterilising RMDs
• Testing, interpreting device results and readouts
• Documentation to support processes (paper and electronic)
• Product tips and tricks to managing multiple practitioners RMDs
Amanda Brown has extensive experience in public and private practice, and is a highly regarded consultant in infection prevention and control.
Amanda’s qualifications are:
• Certificate in Infection Control and Sterilisation
• Certificate in Dental Nursing
• Certificate III in Sterilising Practice
• Member of ACIPC
• Member of SRACA
• Member of OSAP.