Sorry ! This event is not available at the moment
10:30am: Standard and transmission-based precautions
- Hand hygiene - activities
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Including P2 respirators - key considerations to selecting, fit testing and checking.
- Sharps management
- Aseptic techniques (simple extractions and surgical procedures) - demonstration and participation.
- Environmental management
- Barriers and wipes (demonstration of environmental markers and techniques)
- Waterline management - video and demonstration.
- Maintaining COVID Safe plans.
1pm - 1.30pm: Break
1:30pm: Reprocessing instruments and equipment
- Manual and mechanical cleaning. View practice videos and demonstrations of simulated soil and protein testing
- Packaging, tracking and sterilising RMDs - demonstration and examples
- Testing, interpreting device results and readouts
- Validation processes
- Documentation to support processes (paper and electronic) - examples and resources.
- Product tips and tricks to managing multiple practitioners RMDs - demonstration of concepts.
Amanda Brown has extensive experience in public and private practice, and is a highly regarded consultant in infection prevention and control.
Amanda’s qualifications are:
• Certificate in Infection Control and Sterilisation
• Certificate in Dental Nursing
• Certificate III in Sterilising Practice
• Member of ACIPC
• Member of SRACA
• Member of OSAP.