Fri 04 June 2021 1:15 PM - 5:30 PM
Reprocessing instruments and equipment: What’s happening in Steri?
Learn how to reprocess reusable devices and maintain the associated equipment more efficiently and safely.
Reprocessing reusable devices and maintaining the associated equipment is critical to providing dental services. The complexities involved in running a safe and efficient sterilising area should not be underestimated.
Are you looking to expand your current knowledge or for new ideas on how this can be done more efficiently and more safely?
Be guided through the principles and key concepts of reprocessing reusable (medical) devices (RMDs), and participate in demonstrations using a range of equipment and instruments.
Examine your current layout, packaging, tracking, electronic systems and test devices, and explore the options. Experience a truly practical session and conclude with access to resources and templates to supplement your current system.
You will learn about:
- Working safely and efficiently within your own confines – Steri layout and flow
- Spaulding’s classification and how this risk assessment tool relates to reprocessing
- Cleaning – the role of detergents, ultrasonic cleaners and washer disinfectors
- Packaging for sterility and storage
- Sterilisation, including documenting and releasing loads
- Interpreting results – chemical indicators, Bowie & Dick (B&D) or Helix devices and cycle parameters
- Validation – clarify your role and the technician’s role
- Tracking and the most efficient implementation in your practice
- Specialised equipment – handpieces, implant kits, surgical handpieces and endodontic equipment
Registration includes handouts and certificates.
Before this session, join us for our aseptic technique program, followed by lunch. BOOK NOW.
Proudly supported by
CPD hours: 4 clinical hours
RSVP by 2 June
Please note: Photographs may be taken at this event and may be used on the ADAVB website, social media or publications to promote ADAVB events and ADAVB membership. Please advise us if you do not wish to be photographed.
Amanda Brown has extensive experience in public and private practice, and is a highly regarded consultant in infection prevention and control.
Amanda’s qualifications are:
• Certificate in Infection Control and Sterilisation
• Certificate in Dental Nursing
• Certificate III in Sterilising Practice
• Member of ACIPC
• Member of SRACA
• Member of OSAP.